I can't believe I have a 5 year old! It seems like only yesterday that we were bringing him home from the hospital. This year, planning the family birthday was a little tricky, and everyone had to be flexible just in case Tatum decided to make an early appearance. Luckily she decided to wait, and as tired as I was of being pregnant, I was glad. I knew that my first baby's world was about to change, and I really wanted him to have a day that was all about him.
I know everyone has been waiting to see pictures of the magnificent cake this year (ha ha), but I refused to take any. Pregnant women (or at least this one) should not bake. I really tried to make a cake covered in spider webs in honor of Spider Man, but it was really terrible. I also made cupcakes for Tilson's class since his actual birthday was on a Monday. Those were a disaster too. I used baking cups so obviously didn't spray the pan. Well, I didn't pay close attention and overfilled the cups. I then couldn't get them out of the pan and had to use a knife to cut them out. When I brought them up to school, I had to assure Mrs. Kimbrough that no one had been nibbling on the edges.
All in all, Tilson had a great 5th birthday. We gave him a trampoline which has provided hours of entertainment (pictures will come soon). The kid is a little too fearless for my taste though.
0 comments:
Post a Comment