Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Barn Dance

As part of PE and music, our whole school has been learning square dancing, and as a culminating activity, they held a barn dance on Tuesday. Tilson was pretty excited about it and had been singing "Old Dan Tucker" for a week. We invited Gigi and BeeBop because Tilson was going to be spending the night with them since I was going to be induced the following day. Tilson got all duded up in his western shirt and cowboy boots, and we left for the dance . . .



Notice the pants tucked into the boots? He wanted to make sure everyone could see the designs.




I had been under the impression that the dance would be a performance. Apparently I was wrong. The kids were supposed to teach us the dances. Josh is convinced that I knew this all along, and he won't let me live it down. I promise I had no idea!! Really!!!! Josh and BeeBop were real troopers and got out there and danced with Tilson. (If you know Josh, this was a BIG deal because he does NOT dance!) After doing the "possum stomp" Tilson decided he was pretty much over it and refused to dance anymore. Like father like son.


0 comments: