Each 6 weeks at our school, we have an award ceremony called the Cougar Pride Jamboree. This past 6 weeks Tilson was the winner of the "Cougar Cub Growl" Award for outstanding achievement and effort. Tilson had no idea he was going to get the award, and Josh was able to come over which was another surprise! Of course this was the day he was determined to wear his cowboy boots to school, so he went clomping across the stage.
Mrs. Bell tried like crazy to get Tilson to do a cougar growl when he walked across the stage but he wasn't having any of that! He REALLY wanted off the stage. Too many people looking at him!!
He insisted on framing the award (which of course we did) and hanging it in his locker room (bedroom). I was in the middle of benchmark testing, so I couldn't be there for the award ceremony which was a bummer, but I was really proud of him and very gratefull that the pants were zipped and buttoned. I frequently see him walking down the hall and this is just not the case. (He says he doesn't have time for that. It takes away from his center time. Heaven forbid!!!)

0 comments:
Post a Comment