Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of School!!!

On Monday, Tilson officially became what he calls a "school kid". Josh and I have been a little apprehensive because when he started a new daycare last year, all you know what broke loose. Tilson was very excited Sunday night! We put him to bed at 8:00; he was still awake at 10:30 and got up at 6:00! I was trying to get ready while he ate breakfast. I kept checking on him and, I had to keep telling him to eat. He told me he was too excited to eat! We took "the picture" in the dark and left for school. Tilson rode with Josh, and they met me in my classroom. At this point I was afraid we were going to have problems because Tilson was in tears. I went into reassurance mode because we DID NOT have time for this! I explained how I was going to be down the hall if he needed me, and I would check on him throughout the day. Tilson then set me straight by saying that he wasn't sad. He just wanted to go to his classroom right then instead of hanging out in my room (for a more reasonable time). We slowly walked down the hall (it's a long hallway, about a football field, so it took a while) and we arrived at the door to his classroom. He walked right in, put up his stuff, and got right to work on play dough. I was so proud of him! He had a great day. I loved being able to see him off and on throughout the day. Hopefully the rest of the year goes as smoothly.




Showing off the lunch box.


Checking to make sure I put the "right" stuff in his lunch.


Yep. It's good!



Bye Mommy and Daddy. Time for you to go!

2 comments:

Hollie said...

Cute, cute pictures!! I think the first day is harder on the mommies! No tears this year though...from either of us. :o)

SO glad to finally see an update!

Brandi Burden said...

Aww how cute is he!?! And goodness he has grown SO much since we saw him last! Hope to get to see yall sometime soon! =)