Funny story . . . We have this sweet little black cat named Coco that we got as a kitten from another coaching family in October. She has a very dainty "cougar blue" collar with daisies that she wears proudly. There is a sweet orange stray that lives at our neighbor's house and in our garage that Tilson has named Nelly. The other day, when I was putting balloons up outside for Tilson's birthday, the neighbor and I started talking about the two cats. She asked if Coco was a girl, and I assured her she was. The neighbor then said she was sooo glad because she had seen Coco doing shall we say "inappropriate" things to Nelly. Being an optimist, I suggested that maybe is was just a sign of dominance. Coco was trying to show Nelly who was boss. I didn't think anything else about it. I had a birthday party to get ready for!
Flash forward a couple of weeks. I was in the kitchen fixing dinner when I looked out the window and saw the two sweet girl cats doing those same "inappropriate" things. I naturally assumed that we had a lesbian cat and went running outside to get her. Who wants everyone on the block to know that you have a lesbian cat? Not that I have a problem with lesbians as people; I just didn't really want my cat to be one! Well . . . as I frantically picked up Coco and ran inside, I happened to notice two very large reasons why Coco is NOT a girl. So, instead of a lesbian cat, we have a cross dresser! Needless to say, the daisy collar went in the trash and Coco now goes by the name of Luther (Vandros) We needed a black MALE name, and Shaft was out of the question. Try explaining that to your four year old!!
Anyone on the market for a black and orange kitten in a few months?
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
I guess I should have paid more attention in biology!
Posted by The Gregory Trio at 3:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, Amy! I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. It's just too funny!
That is hilarious!! But...we aren't interested in any kittens! :o)
Amy, you are so funny! I don't know if you remember me, I'm Aby (Audra's sister and a friend of Hollie's). I found your blog through her blog. I'm loving it! Hilarious!!
Post a Comment